SALES SOURCING COORDINATOR
We are seeking a full-time Sales Sourcing Coordinator to join our team in our Tempe office and to assist in growing a folio of new and exciting potential clients. This is a hybrid role that researches and compiles ADI meeting and incentive travel proposals; and works with our sales team to foster new prospects. The Director of Operations is your supervisor and will further your continued growth and education in our industry.
As a sourcing professional, you are knowledgeable of the hotel industry globally and can identify appropriate venues for meetings and incentive travel programs. You have experience with the RFP process for meetings and incentive travel programs and can write and assemble dynamic proposals.
You have good writing and communication skills to assist in sales presentation and proposal preparation; and in developing content for sales projects, newsletters and marketing materials. And you are resourceful in maintaining essential database information. You are a personable, enthusiastic, organized and creative candidate that can best match the skill sets and capabilities for these job responsibilities.
- Submit all sales team Requests for Proposals (RFP) – source/research/costing – for purposes of preparing proposals to new or existing clients and for vetting vendors/costs for proposals
- Complete a given project from start to finish, researching and developing project budgets within specified deadline
- Create and develop proposals including custom presentation information based on the client RFP needs
- Create and distribute hotel, cruise line, DMC, and CVB RFPs through Cvent or direct channels. Must have basic destination and hotel property knowledge with willingness to continually enhance knowledge through industry trade shows, events, networking and education
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure timely and complete RFP responses/proposals
- Request, manage inquiries, and organize RFP responses/proposals
- Organize and maintain Cvent supplier database
- Organize and maintain updates and improvements on proposal (PowerPoint/Word) templates and destination resources
- Provide accurate costings, with backup evidence, to assist in preparation of proposal or program budgets. Must have a basic understanding of industry costing and budgeting practices
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and industry contacts
- Accountable for the information needed and, on the timelines, established by the VP Sales, National Account Sales Executive, Director of Operations and Vice President of Sales
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position
- Monthly update of supplier database
- Prospect research, contact verification, and data entry into Excel or CRM for sales team
- Prepare sales materials, sales collateral packets and mailings; assist with sales cycle follow-up as needed
- Write and distribute e-newsletters; and social media posts according to editorial calendar
- Assist with overall marketing / sales strategies and functions as needed
- Assist with supplier presentations and conference room scheduling
- Possibility of supporting domestic and international client events on-site with ADI staff
- Plan site inspections
- Coordinate logistics of periodic Advisory Board Meetings
- Prepare post-program photo books and log all photos of client events and programs
- Attend Direct Sales Association trade show with Sales Executive to assist exhibit booth sales
- Attend two client conferences annually as client's registration staff
- Attend IMEX trade show, Destination Caribbean (or similar) annually; and attend one ‘to be determined' industry events for supplier networking and education
- Assist with shared office administrative responsibilities including supplies inventory, marketing collateral inventory, answering phone calls, and similar tasks as assigned by Director of Operations
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in meeting sourcing, hospitality, convention sales, meeting planning or site selection
- Cvent: 1 year minimum (Preferred)
- Hospitality industry: 1 year minimum (Preferred)
- Meetings industry: 1 year minimum (Preferred)
- Skilled in Microsoft Product Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Detail oriented and ability to proof own work
- Strong communication skills; oral, written, electronic
- Ability to work in a deadline driven work environment
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent teamwork skills
- High energy and driven individual who is self-motivated and takes initiative
Send a resume and cover letter to ADIOFFICE@adimeetings.com.
Our company has an opening for an intern interested in working in the hospitality industry. We produce global meetings and travel incentive programs for major US corporations. ADI manages the full-cycle of event planning and incentive travel programs including sourcing, site selection, contract negotiation, attendee registration management, food & beverage planning, themed events, ground transportation, activities and development of program marketing materials.
Applicants must be responsible; detail oriented and have a positive can-do attitude. The individual who is offered this position will gain valuable knowledge about the hospitality and travel incentive industry.
Job Summary: Assist Program Managers with various stages of deliverables for upcoming incentive programs. Assist Sales Team with lead qualification research and validation. Maintain supplier database and agency social media accounts.
The internship options are:
Spring Semester January – May (14 weeks) – deadline to apply is January 18, 2019
Summer Semester May – August (12 weeks) – deadline to apply is April 15, 2019
Fall Semester August – December (14 weeks) – deadline to apply is July 15, 2019
Intern can qualify for college credit and eligibility for a stipend at completion of internship
Intern will be requested 20-40 hours per week based on schedule and will be required to provide own reliable means of transportation to the office
If interested in applying, send your resume and cover letter to ADIOFFICE@adimeetings.com.